Saturday 12 December 2009

Hi,

Finally at last got chance to see a little day light and go out and do a little birding.
Work up around 7am had the usual 15 cups of tea watching the birds dart around me garden whilst contemplating were to go and what i may see.
2 Digestives later and me mind was set Brascote pits Near Newbold Verdon was gonna be the venue of choice it's my local patch if I have to pick and a cracking place with some real potential to turn up a good un 3.
 This place has some cracking "new" scenery and just being there breathing the cold fresh air that bites at the back of your throat like nettles is more than enough!

Anyway as i arrived at the spot were you leave the car ya can't call it parking by any stretch of the imagination, I noticed there was an awful lot of birds on the first pool there not normally a good sign! But one has to plod on and absorb such splendid surroundings, Passing through the gate and entering the complex i was met by a dog walker also a bad sign lol.
So things were not going non to well Plan B clime the 5 bar gate and go round the side of the complex less dog walkers that way hehe, As I strolled ears pert and eyes streaming from the sharp sun rays i saw and heard very little:(

Not all is Lost i did manage to capture a Spawk (sparrow hawk) Bathing who really din't seem to give a toss about my presence, Almost choked dropped to me knees scuffled through me bag for me camera and started snapping.


I felt like a seedy old man peeping at teenager as i watched this fine bird take a bath, I am in no doubt he new I was there he just din't seem to care and who am i to disturb his fun!
Although peeping at him felt wrong as he went his business i could not help but be captivated by his antics and found it hard to believe  this guy was a fearsome predator!

After the hawk things picked up slightly as I made my way back to the car, Bullfinches male and female. Long-tailed tits chaffinch and possible Brambling but it was a fleeting view.

Cheers

Ryder

No comments:

Post a Comment